Welcome to the Open Network Economy: Disrupt - or be disrupted.
The Disruption Experience is an exclusive, 2-3 day, off-site event geared towards CEOs and their leadership teams. The central premise of the event is that the world's operating system is quickly and irrevocably shifting to an open, networked, inter-connected and constantly changing structure, and that we need to understand the implications on how we run, organize and lead
This shift towards OPEN is constantly accelerated by technology but has profound impact on everything we do, from business to culture, art, politics, energy and the environment. Our future success will be directly related to our degree of openness, trust will replace control as the main leadership attribute - with leaders becoming connectors not just directors -, and hyper-collaboration will replace hyper-competition.
For a deeper read, download Didier Marlier's summary from the FDC CEO event "From Disruption to Engagement: the Open Network Economy" PDF 500k Didier Marlier Open Network Economy FDC 2010
Each event is designed as a co-creative and experiential workshop that not only features some of the most advanced and provocative thought-leaders and speakers but but will also help you and your team actually structure your thoughts in terms of the impact that these developments will have on your strategic process and your particular ways of leading and organizing.
The next event is currently being planned for early September 2010, in Sao Paulo, Brazil; we expect to run our first workshops with 20 companies.
The Disruption Experience agenda is designed around three parallel processes:
- Logos (i.e. the intellectual agenda): We will explore, collectively as well as with the help of our invited speakers, what the Open Economy is and what its probable impact on our strategy, organizational and leadership processes will be
- Ethos (i.e. the behavioral agenda): Each team will benefit from the presence of a senior and qualified team coach that will challenge and support the team in holding truly value building strategic discussions.
- Pathos (i.e the emotional agenda): We design and deliver real, deep and lasting experiences, not just a workshop or seminar like any other. You will be joined by other Executive teams in this journey. We aim at creating real learning communities and ensure that the Disruption Experience does not simply help you "think your way into a new way of action" but also provoke you to "act your way into a new way of thinking".
What precise results can you expect from participating in the Disruption Experience?
- You will have gained a much deeper and more intuitive understanding of what the Open Network Economy is and what the key 'game changers' will be, in your business and in your industry sector. You will have started to reflect on how this will impact your immediate future, and how some of the ideas generated during the event should be integrated into your company's strategic road-map
- You will have received challenging as well as supportive feedback on the dynamics of your team and the way it enables or disables the quality of your strategic dialogue
- You will have build an inspiring, deep and lasting network with other CEO's, executives and firms and will continue to jointly explore the emergence of the Open Economy and its impact on your business model